*All fishing must be carried out in a respectful manner in line with the spirit and tradition of an international event. Any activities deemed to be in violation of competition rules or carried out in a disruptive/disrespectful manner may lead to disqualification and banning from the competition at the discretion of the organisers.*
- The competition is open to competitors from the age of 14, if accompanied by a guardian – No one under the age of 18 is allowed to use boats at any time during the competition.
- Entry can be either as a pair (2 anglers) or a trio (3 anglers) with a total number of 6 rods.
- The use of boats is strongly recommended.
- The organisers (Angling Spirit Ltd) will have absolute control and discretion over the competition, rules and T&Cs.
- The organisers reserve the right to modify all or any part of the rules and T&Cs at any time.
- World Carp Classic rules abide by and include all relevant local rules, and have been reviewed and authorised by appropriate local authorities.
- All competitors and helpers must provide the organisers with all relevant and required documents, insurance documents and fishing permit documents as part of a condition to their entry in the event.
- All competitors and helpers will be required to sign a registration form to include an event disclaimer to confirm acceptance of the full and final event rules and T&Cs.
- Competition rules also include the T&Cs.
- All offences will be reported to the organisers and dealt with in accordance with their seriousness and may lead to disqualification.
- Organisers have the right to use images of competitors and helpers at their discretion on any support material they deem appropriate at the time of the event and in the future.
- Wherever reference to proceedings is made throughout the following documentation, the following dates apply:
Registration – Friday 18th to Sunday the 20th September
Official Flag Parade – 16:00 – Sunday 20th September
Opening Ceremony – 17:15 – Sunday 20th September
Setting up in swims – 07.00 – Monday 21st September
Start of competition – 14.00 – Monday 21st September
End of competition – 08:00 – Saturday 26th September
Prize giving – 12:00 – Saturday 26th September
- English is the Official Language of the World Carp Classic.
- Official currency of the World Carp Classic is the Pound Sterling (£ GBP).
- All times given refer to local time (Paris, France).
- WCC rules/T&Cs are the property of World Carp Classic and cannot be used or copied even partially, without prior written consent from the organisers.