– End of competition Saturday 9:00 instead of 8:00 am.
– HQ, Bivvy City, and Ceremonies are moving to Hedicourt small beach next to the Bar de la Plage where the catering was held in 2020 (follow signage onsite).
– A green X is to be added in front of the angler’s name to confirm the reception of a copy of their fishing permit.
In order to be allowed to run a safe event for all, we have had to introduce in 2020 several measures which are now commonly in place all over the world.
To run an as safe event as possible again this year we have decided to keep all the measures. There will be no tolerance – sanction will be immediate disqualification and anglers will be asked to leave the venue immediately + a name and shame on the website and social media.
WCC COVID-19 measures:
* Only type II masks are allowed in use now in France – also known as medical/surgical masks
* Swim visits – allowed but strongly not recommended
– Visits to islands and Darkside/Gargantua forbidden
-Allowed only between 10:00 am and 18:00 pm.
– No more than 6 people on a swim including anglers & helper.
– Masks and social distance of 2-meters for all.
– To comply with French requirements all participants including Helpers are subject to abiding by the Health Pass system to be allowed to participate in the event.
– Visitors staying on a swim between 10:00 and 18:00 in the allowed sections will be checked for their health pass. In the event they do not have one marshal will ask them to kindly leave.
– ONLY registered anglers who have had their Health Pass checked will be allowed to approach partners’ stands. Marshals on duty will check bracelets and will regulate numbers.
IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION IN THE EVENT Q&A PAGE
In line with COVID-19, we have added or amended some information in the Event Q&A page – we strongly suggest you read this page as well as the participants’ information pack.
To celebrate our 23rd anniversary, we want to make sure that the World Carp Classic maintains its status as more than just a fishing competition. We are extremely proud that over the years fellow anglers and followers sharing the same passion have created not just a community but a family around the event. As in all families, you should look after one another. Therefore, we want to ensure that World Carp Classic is also there to look after the future for the new generations to come and enjoy the passion of angling.
Several fundraising activities will be taking place during the event which will go towards the:
School OF Minnows academy: Any young anglers visiting Madine have the opportunity to borrow fishing gear be it for carp, predator or match fishing.
Friends OF Madine: The environment is for everyone, not just anglers. Let’s show the rest of Madine that we are at the forefront of this notion. We have started “Friends Of” in 2011 in Spain where we picked up over 52 tonnes of rubbish by hand. Our dream here is developing plogging (running or walking whilst picking up rubbish).
Carp Legacy: Let’s stop illegal fish movement in its track. Wherever you are, take a picture on both sides of any 15kg+ fish caught and fill in a few details which will be published on a dedicated website. We are currently working on the app and website but we ask that you start taking these pictures now. You can always post the photographs retrospectively as we will with any World Carp Classic catch from previous years.
OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS THAT REMAIN THE SAME AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
1- Minimum weight: 4kg
2- 6 rods per swim allowed
3- 350 meters limit: For the first time ever Lac de Madine has agreed to a 350-meter allowance. Black Cat buoys will be placed. Any infringement will be sanctioned.
4- ‘Friends Of’ litter penalty:’Friends Of’ and the host venue’s litter rule is now slightly changed following discussion with host venues. At their discretion, a fine will be issued and sent to competitors who will have 28 days from date being sent to pay it or to comply with its community service alternative. If no payment/community service is made to the venue by that time, World Carp Classic will then apply a name & shame ban remaining in place until the fine has been paid or community service has been completed.
5- Fishing Permits: To comply with French Fishing Federation regulation anglers will need to get their own permits. A link with full explanation and details will be provided. This will require participants’ cooperation prior to their arrival to ensure a smooth run during on-site registration.
6- Two-boat rule: 2 boats are now allowed on the water at the same if you have 3 competing anglers in your team.
Both boats must pass the boat check at the same time.
Any boat used must have its own safety equipment as detailed in the rules.
Sanctions: A yellow card and a fishing and/or boat ban will be implemented for a minimum of 12-hours at the discretion of the head marshal for:
– any angler found on the water without their lifejacket properly fastened.
– if an angler is not present on the bank, awake and ready to raise the alarm whilst a boat is out on the water.